Maybe if you’re a new user or old user you might face Chromebook stuck on white screen several times and don’t know how to come out from this awkward issue. This will happened possible this kind of reasons mentioned below:
- A program that is currently running
- A device that’s plugged into your Chromebook
- Problems with Chrome OS
- Internal hardware problems with your Chromebook
So before you worried about your desire device do first these things. Here in this article, I have mention strong 9 reasons why it happens.
9 Reason Why Chromebook Stuck on White Screen
- New update in the background which is not completed properly, and when you turn on again it is stuck between old and new updates.
- Remove external devices such as Pendrive or any external hard drive or keyboard, mouse if you are using optionally.
- May sometimes an error message flashed with proper reason. Do a google search with this issue or you can message in your friend had already faced.
- Battery issue: electronic components creates issues at any time. check your battery drain issues according to CPU usages. Maybe low battery can not deliver sufficient power to CPU on this time connect charging cable.
- Do perform a Hard Reset: Before you perform to make you sure all of your data have a backup.
- Factory Reset: In case all of methods not work perfectly so try a hard reset to fix. It will erase all of your files from your Chromebook.
- Close some apps: By pressing Shift and Escape button from your keyboard to open Task Manager.
- If your Chromebook within the warranty period then go to a nearest service center to check what actually happened.
- Create a USB recovery flash drive and reinstall the Chrome operating system. You will need a PC with internet access and a 4 GB or larger USB flash drive to complete this procedure.
- Hold the Esc and Refresh (F3) keys, then press the power button to boot to Developer Mode.
- Write down the model number at the bottom of this screen.
- After you have your model number, create a USB Recovery Flash Drive for your Chromebook.
- Reinstall the Chrome OS with your USB recovery drive.
Hard reset your Chromebook
For most Chromebooks, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Refresh + tap Power .
- When your Chromebook starts up, release Refresh .
On tablets: Press the Volume Up and Power buttons for at least 10 seconds, then release them.
Last Updated on January 6, 2020 by Admin