Day by day smartphones are getting improve and rooting smartphones now days becomes for some device tricky. And Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL device have some interesting features which make this phone unique from others. Some developer pulls out the Pixel 4 face unlock app for any android device.
In this tutorial, I’m talking about how to root Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL devices easily. Before you start to make sure is that you have backup all of your data. You can save your data on Google Drive, laptop or desktop, and 10GB of free space on your PC/laptop for downloading the Factory Image file of Pixel 4. After complete the process, you can delete these files. If in some cases everything messed up it helps you to revert back to stock.
How to Root Google Pixel 4
For the first time download the factory image file of the Pixel 4 device. Go to Settings > About phone. At the bottom, look for the “Build number.” and then visit the Stock ROM download page and match the build number and download the ROM.
After download the factory ROM zip file, next extract the ROM file and pull the boot.img file from the latter folder. Transfer this boot.img file to your phone via data cable.
Now you have to patch the Boot Image file through the Magisk Manager.
How to Patch Boot Image in Magisk
Make sure your Magisk Manager is up to date, if not then download the latest Magisk Manager APK to patch the boot image.
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Install the Magisk Manager apk and install it, and Open it. Maybe a prompt message shows next to you, click on the “install” button.
- “Select Patch File” and it will open the File Manager and find the boot.img file which was transferred from PC.
- Magisk will then patch the boot image and save a file called “magisk_patched.img” in your Downloads folder.
Now you turn on your smartphone and go to Setting > About > Build Number, tap on it a couple of times to enable Developer Option.
[su_box title=”Must Read”]FingerFace Xpose Module Download[/su_box]
How to Unlock Boot Loader Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
- If you don’t have the latest ADB Tool Files
- Now fire up the ADB files and open the Command Prompt by pressing Shift + Right click and open Power Shell.
- Type on Power Shell
fastboot flashing unlock
Now you can see this type of image on your Pixel 4 screen. You can use Volume Button to “navigate menu” and pressing Power Button to “Unlock the Bootloader”
- After pressing the power button, the phone will initiate to wipe, so again. So at this point it should be at the setup screen. You now want to boot back into the bootloader by holding the volume down and power buttons again. Once you are here, you are one step away from root.
fastboot flash boot path/to/magisk_patched.img
As soon as you hit enter, the patched boot image will be flashed to your phone. As soon as you reboot using “fastboot reboot,” your phone will be rooted with Magisk. The Magisk Manager app should appear on your home screen, but if it doesn’t, just install the APK manually.
Last Updated on November 6, 2019 by Admin